Dr. Katrina Hackett, DC
Phone: (858) 876-2171
10054 Mesa Ridge Court, Suite 116, San Diego, CA 92121
Action Sports Chiropractic & Family Wellness
Dr. Katrina Hackett, DC, ATC, CSCS
10054 Mesa Ridge Ct., Ste 116
San Diego CA 92121
Copyright © 2023 Action Sports Chiropractic l All rights reserved.
* If you're only looking for an "In-Network" provider, where you'll never have to pay more than your co-pay, we're probably not the office for you. Due to the nature of our work, our office is primarily a Cash Paying Patient base. Currently, Dr. Hackett is an "In-Network Preferred Provider" for only a limited number PPO's & EPO's for the following organizations:
Federal Blue Shield Blue Shield of California United Healthcare
* If we are an out-of-network provider for your insurance plan, your visits will be charged at our cash patient rate. We will happily provide you with a Superbill following your appointment that you can submit to your insurance company for potential direct reimbursement. To find out if your plan has out of network benefits, please call your insurance provider or login to your account online.
* All ScoliBrace, ScoliBalance, Radial Shockwave Therapy, and specialty care is provided and billed at our Cash Patient Rates, and is NOT submitted by our office to insurance, or guaranteed to be covered by your Insurance.
* YES, We do accept HSA, HRA, and credit cards. We also offer pre-paid packages that can be used by your entire family for Chiropractic Care. HSA cards can even be used for payment of Orthotics and Insoles.
* Unfortunately, we do NOT accept ANY HMO's, Medicare, UHC Medicare Supplemental, Aetna, Kaiser, or any American Specialty Health (ASH) affiliated plans. However, we are happy to provide Superbills for patients wishing to submit them to their own insurance plans for possible direct reimbursement.
An Important Note about ALL Insurance Coverage:
Why are we dropping insurance? Over the last 15 years the Chiropractic profession has been significantly affected by the changes in insurance coverage. Not only have most companies drastically reduced reimbursement rates, but most plans explicitly state that they no longer cover "Maintenance" or "Wellness" chiropractic care. Instead, many plans only provide limited coverage for acute injury conditions addressed through traditional chiropractic spinal adjustments, but no further.
In addition, a growing number of companies including ACN, United Healthcare and Optum, simply refuse to provide reimbursement to practitioners for the time or resources spent performing therapies such as ART, Exercise Rehabilitation and training, Kinesiology taping, or even examination of new injuries that may occur throughout the year. These forms of care are given a $0.00 reimbursement stating that they are "incidental", "unnecessary", "inclusive" and "elective" and will only provide reimbursement for Chiropractic Spinal Manipulation codes IF they are approved by their staff utilizing required forms that do not reflect the needs of patients. In fact, despite todays rising economic costs, UHC has not only not increased their Chiropractic reimbursement rates for care in over 12 years, but they have instead cut them, and make it continually harder to provide patients the care they need.
Therefore, for patients with the plans above, we offer Elective care fee-for-service options for patients that choose to schedule services capped or not reimbursed by insurance. These fees range between $20 -$45 dependent upon the elective care (such as ART and soft tissue work) and length of appointment selected by the patient. We know some people don't like that, and wont want to see us because of it, and that's OK.We completely understand those that prefer to stay within the limit of their copay. However, we don't want to be one of those high-volume offices where you're waiting forever to see the doctor and then are left in a rush because they need to reach their target number of patients seen in a day. So, our fee-for-service options allow us to provide you with the opportunity for the care you need, even when your Insurance company says it isn't. For more details, be sure to inquire when scheduling your sessions.